သမိုင္​း

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

Sports

Gadgets

Blog Archive

Travel

Definition List

Thursday, June 23, 2016

How to change to Myanmar(Burmese)/Zawgyi font on Samsung Android phones after updating to Marshmallow

**Update 2:**
I contacted Samsung customer support and they informed me that with the new updated OS, they are only allowing Samsung approved fonts(the ones you found from Settings>Display>Fonts>Download Fonts) to be changed. Some third party downloaded fonts may still work but it looks like Zawgyi font is not working anymore. However, in my case, I had the font installed on my system before updating, which allows me to still change. So, two options if you still want to use Zawgyi as system font are, first to root the phone or to roll back to the previous OS, install the font and then update again. As both of them are not easy or straight forward, you might as well use unicode fonts as an alternative option for now. 
Update 1:
I heard from some people that changing to custom fonts(not just Zawgyi) does not work even though it works for me on Galaxy S6 with V6.0. I found out a lot of people have same issues and no one actually found any solid solution yet. They work for some people and not for some. I’ll try to do more research on that and update here.
In the meantime, you could try different variations of Zawgyi font available on Play Store and see if any of them work(Zawgyi OPPO, Zawgyi Ghost, etc)
Try different font changing apps, HiFont instead of iFont.
I noticed that after updating to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on my Samsung Galaxy S6, I couldn’t change the system font to Zawgyi(or most custom Myanmar fonts) as I used to before. When I tried to change, I have the following error message.
ဆမ်ဆောင်းဖုန်းများမှာ android latest OS Marshmallow ကို update လုပ်ပြီးတဲ့နောက်မှာအရင်ကလိုဇော်ဂျီဖောင့်(အခြားမြန်မာဖောင့်များပါ)ကိုပြောင်းလို့မရတော့ပဲအောက်က error လိုမျိုးကိုတွေ့ရပါတယ်။

Zawgyi Problem

I did a bit of research and found out most people have the same issues with me after updating to the latest Android version on their phones. But I found out a walk-around for it using another app called iFont from the play store, and you can change the font as before without needing to root. PS: there may be another way(even easier) of doing it, but I’m only sharing the one I found out.
အနည်းငယ်ရှာဖွေကြည့်တဲ့အခါမှာ play store မှ iFont ဆိုတဲ့ app ကိုသုံးပြီးပြောင်းလို့ရတာကိုတွေ့ရှိခဲ့ပါတယ်။
iFont Playstore

Once you opened the app, go to My tab and select My Install.

App ကိုဖွင့်ပြီးရင် My tab မှ My Install ကိုသွားပါ။
iFont My Tab
There you should see burmese fonts you installed before. If you haven’t you can install them here too.
သွင်းထားသောမြန်မာဖောင့်များကိုတွေ့ရပါမယ်။ သူတို့ကို iFont မှတဆင့်ထက်သွင်းပါ။
Zawgyi Samsung(iFont)

After installation, you can go back to settings where you would normally 
change the font and look for the name of the font with (iFont) after it. You should be able to select that one without any error.

သွင်းပြီးရင်အရင်ဖောင့်ပြောင်းနေကြနေရာမှာ (iFont) နဲ့နာမည်ဆုံးတဲ့ဟာကိုရွေးပြီးပြောင်းပါ။ ဘာ error မှမတွေ့ပဲအရင်လိုအလွယ်တကူပြောင်းလို့ရပါလိမ့်မယ်။

Zawgyi Done





Credit to Aung Myat

No comments:
Write comments